COMPACT AND HIGH-PERFORMANCE POWER SUPPLIES FOR DIN-RAIL MOUNTING
Carlo Gavazzi Automation has introduced its new series SPDE 2 and 3 phase, the ultra-compact two-phase and three-phase DIN-rail power supplies, ideal for electrical panels with limited space.
The SPDE 2 and 3-phase series consists of 3 frame sizes, starting from 120 W (2-phase) with 41 mm width, to a maximum of 480 W (3-phase) with 80 mm width. The ultra-compact housing design of these power supplies allows savings of up to 50% on panel space, making them suitable for applications where space limitations exist.
The high quality of this series is certified by a number of industry approvals: CE, UKCA and UL 61010.
The SPDE 2 and 3 phase series is the ideal solution for applications where high efficiency and wide operating temperature are required. Thanks to the built-in PFC (240 W 2Ph / 480 W 3Ph) these power supplies ensure high operating efficiency up to 95.6%, and a wide operating temperature range up to -40ºC to +70ºC (-40ºF to +158ºF).
Integrated diagnostics and protection functions such as Over Current (OVC), Over Voltage (OVP), Short Circuit (SCP) and Over Temperature (OVT) provide maximum output protection even under abnormal conditions.
“The SPDE 2 and 3 phase series is the perfect solution to improve the overall performance and reliability of the SPD 2 and 3 phase series. This new series duly meets customers’ requests in having advanced features in a compact housing,” Matteo Pinciroli, International Product Specialist, says. “With this launch it is our intention to further strengthen Carlo Gavazzi’s product offerings with one of the most compact DIN-rail power supplies on the market.”
Main technical features
- Universal input voltage range: 2-Ph 180 VAC to 600 VAC and 3-Ph 320 VAC to 600 VAC ; 2-Ph 254 VDC to 848 VDC and 3-Ph 450 VDC to 850 VDC
- Output voltage range 24 VDC or 48 VDC
- Output power range from 120 up to 480 W
- Ultra-compact dimensions :
- 120 W 2Ph - 41 mm wide
- 240 W 2Ph - 54 mm wide
- 240 W 3Ph - 54 mm wide
- 480 W 3Ph - 80 mm wide
- Integrated protection: short circuit, over current, over voltage, over temperature
- Built-in active PFC (only in 240 W 2Ph and 480 W 3Ph models) for higher efficiency up to 96.5%
- DC OK relay indication
- 4 KVAC isolation voltage
- Overvoltage category III (120/240 W)
- Green LED for status indication
- CE, UKCA, UL 61010